Practice tips for newcomers:
If you are new to yoga, there are a few things you will want for class:
– A yoga mat (we recommend you have your own, but have loaner mats if needed)
– Stretchy, comfortable clothes
– Bare feet
– Come to class on an empty stomach
– A towel (optional)
– A bottle of water (optional)
…And, last but not least, enjoy yourself.
Please make every effort to arrive on time! Being on time to class is respectful to the teacher and the other students in the class and we lock the door for security once class begins! Arrive early to prevent disappointment. First time students please come at least 10-15 minutes early.
– “Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness” by Erich Schiffmann
– “Light on Yoga” B.K.S. Iyengar
– “Bhagavad Gita” (many translations available)
– “Meditations from the Mat” Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison
We want to point out some of the great, creative people we have come across that we think you should know about.
Barclay Martin: Barclay, a Kansas City musician and all around good guy, plays various venues around town and does other eye catching work. Catch one of his concerts if you can, or if you can’t see him live, pick up one of his CDs.
Ken Lovern: Jazz musician, Hammond organist, composer, and sexy man, drives the bus that is Ken Lovern’s OJT. Check out his website for a list of his events or pick up one of his CDs.